Benefits of Critical Illness
Our Critical Illness Recovery Plan policy provides a lump-sum benefit payment and valuable assistance services to help you and your family cope with the financial and non-financial challenges of a wide range of serious illnesses and conditions.
The plan offers the following key benefits:
- Your choice of a lump-sum benefit amount ranging between $25,000 and $2 million—to be used any way you wish
- Coverage for over twenty serious illnesses and conditions(1)
- Valuable assistance services (see below)
- A range of flexible premium and term options
- Optional benefits for even more protection
In addition to the lump-sum benefit payment, this plan includes a unique combination of assistance services that can help you and your family better cope with the emotional stress and challenges of a critical illness:
- Best Doctors®* Service: An authoritative resource for medical information and advice, Best Doctors helps take the guesswork out of finding the right medical care by giving you access to the best specialists worldwide and answers to complex medical questions.
- Daily Living Assistance: Obtain information and resources to help you and your family manage day-to-day activities. This includes access to your very own care coach, a specially trained consultant who will work with you to develop a plan to help you manage day-to-day activities.
- “The Healing Journey” Program: Receive support to help deal with the stress associated with a critical illness.
- Early Assistance Benefit: Without reducing your critical illness benefit for future claims, you can receive 10% of your benefit (to a maximum of $50,000) if you are diagnosed with and satisfy the survival period for early prostate, breast or skin cancer or coronary angioplasty. The Early Assistance benefit is payable only once.
- Long-Term Care Conversion Benefit: From age 55 to 65, you can convert all or a portion of your critical illness coverage to long-term care insurance without having to submit proof of insurability.
The information above is intended as a summary only. Your policy will contain complete details on terms and conditions, including benefits and exclusions.